Sunday, September 11, 2011

A 9/11 Thank You 10 Years Later

"Where were you, when the world stopped turning?" - Alan Jackson. I know where i was, in my second grade classroom doing bookwork; math-boxes i believe. I think i remember the teachers talking to eachother in hushed voices... I can't remember if the radio or tv was turned on or not. And that night, my mum walked my little sister and i down the street to our church, where we held hands with people we had never met before. And i'm pretty sure that i wasn't aware of what was going on, but something major, something terrible, something very very sad had occured that day, 10 years ago. Remembering it now, knowing what really happend and how oblivious i was as a child.... my heart breaks. It breaks for those who gave their all, for all of us. It breaks for what and who they left behind, and for those that had no choice. It breaks for those who stood witness and for those that have been denied entry at the memorial dedication. I know it's not much.. but from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.