Sunday, November 13, 2011

Left in the Rain

Right now... I don't know if i should be laughing or crying cause at the moment i'm doing both. A year's gone by since we've met and its been months since i've gotten over you. But every once in awhile my head brings up what shoulda-coulda-woulda been, and there's a pin of pain that's still there.... time and time again i swore i was never going down that road again. You told me you cared... You held me in your arms for hours and then you kissed me goodnight... You had me fall in love with you... I was heads over heels and didn't care what other people thought. I was happy to be with you and to know that i had someone that cared... But then something happened and you dumped me on my ass. Everything you made me believe was gone, and your feelings changed without a damn reason as to why. So i cut you out of my life and swore to never let you back in again. But then today.... i thought i saw you today at the DMV. Thankfully, i didn't see your face and that is all for the better because i don't need you in my life. I don't need to go down that road again. You broke my heart to the point where it went gone cold from all the pain... just so i could move on. But what did i get tonight, but a friend request from facebook. Yeah, that little part of my heart that holds all the pain from the shoulda-coulda-wouldas? Well it accepted your request... But that in no way shape or form makes us friends again. So how long will it last this time? Cause i refuse to go down this road again.... i will not be left out in the cold for the umpteenth time wondering where the hell i went wrong with something that had felt so right. I refuse to hurt that much again if i can help it. The tears that fell for you... for us... honey, they just weren't worth it. I'm trying to move on with my life, so making it through this year with you still out of it will make that dream a reality. So save all the excuses, all the lies, and all the "i miss you"s. I don't wanna hear it. And i can promise that i've decided how long this is gonna last, and it's not gonna be long. Because, as i recall... when it rains on you baby... it pours. And i'm not gonna be the girl next to you when you decide to leave her in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.