Saturday, March 31, 2012

An Amazing Senior Night

Last night, I had one of the best nights of my senior year. I got to spend it with my best friend, the only guy that seems to know everything about me, and I'd trust him with anything. He's like a brother to me, and I wouldn't trade that for the world. Our night consisted going out to the movies, something that we had been trying to do for awhile now. But the movie we saw is the surprising part.

From the moment I knew it was coming out,  I absolutely HAD to go see it. I had actually been talking to him that day when I had seen the commercial, and when I told him that I wanted to go see The Lorax, it was obvious he didn't share my enthusiasm. I wasn't broken-hearted, because I just figure I'd find some other poor sap to bring with me. Anyways, fast-forward a couple of weeks to last Sunday and we were having a conversation where we put everything out on the the table again, making sure that everything between the two of us was good. (We had gotten to some rough spots last month, and we've been working on getting our friendship back to normal.) Then... Compleatly out of the blue, he asks me if I still want to see The Lorax. My response was something like:

"*eyes grow as big as saucers and light up like a christmas tree* :D
....
....
...you really mean it?"

That's when I knew we were definitely back to the way we used to be and that there was nothing to worry about anymore.

So we ended up going last night. We got there early and talked and caught up on stories from his troop trip to NYC the weekend before. At first we were the only ones in the theatre but then some other teenagers (as in our age, 17/18) filed in.... And all the guys I saw didn't seem too thrilled to be there but all the girls seemed to be as happy I was(: When the movie started I couldn't stop smiling and giggling.... I can be such a little kid sometimes ^.^

In the end, it was a WICKED adorable movie! I absolutely loved it, and he even laughed a couple of times. It was a wonderful night, and to spend it with my best friend made it a great start to this wicked busy weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing and wonderful night :) It's those random good days/evenings sometimes that are the absolute best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! and some simple minded laughter is good too(:

      Delete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.