Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sleepless Words

I'm restless
as I lay here in my bed.
Only hours ago I crashed,
all the energy drained out of my body.
Waking up in the middle of the night,
has given my mind the power to think the things
I didn't have energy for before.
In an attempt to calm
my ever whirling mind
I open up a window.
A cool calming breeze
rolls over my face.
It carries with it the light scent of rain,
the grass, the night.
Like Whitman,
I try to grasp a hold of the sensation,
to keep it with me.
But all it seems to do is
provoke words of the poetic type.

4 comments:

  1. This is a very beautiful poem. Ironic that you mention Whitman in it, for it seems reminiscent of him. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I had just studies Whitman in AP so it seemed like a perfect fit(:

      Delete
  2. wow great job :D I really enjoy reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.