Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Subtle Change?

The attention to detail that little kids hold has always made me laugh... and today the preschool kids I work with were at it again! Often they question why I have a scratch on my face, or that they like my jewelry, but today they were all over the big thing that all my friends seemed to have missed. From the second I walked into the room it was:

"STEPHIE!!!! WHERE ARE YOUR GLASSES?!?"


I had to laugh as I tried to explain that I had tiny lenses on my eye instead of the glasses, and one of the little boys, Gary, took his off and he said "I wish I had contacts so I didn't have to worry about my glasses anymore." But he said it in such a cute almost sad way that made me feel really sorry for him but my reply was that he has to wait until he's older because eyes are constantly changing. From there we went back to the puzzle he was working on, but the fact that the kids were all over what I didn't have made me smile. Meanwhile, all my teachers and the majority of my friends didn't have a clue about the change. Now it wouldn't surprise me if I was going between glasses and contacts on a day to day basis, but because I've had to wear my glasses for the past 4 months, I thought someone might notice. *sigh* Oh well, not that big of a deal... I get to go home at the end of the day and catch up on more TV and eat cookies and do nothing so life is good(:

3 comments:

  1. I had such trouble adjusting to contacts - they irritated my eyes too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting how kids can pick up on the littlest things. They really do look up to you and are very aware of their surroundings. Regardless, I'm sure you're beautiful with or without your glasses. And remember, what really matters is what's on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Optimistic Existentialist: I know what you mean... mine bother me if they get to be a couple months old or if I forget to blink ^.^

    @ASPIGP: Awee, well thank you(: And that's one of the things I love about being with little kids(:

    ReplyDelete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.