Thursday, March 22, 2012

Words not Wounds (In This Case)

.......
One.
Just to check that I'm still breathing.
.......
Two.
To make sure I still have a heart that feels.
Three.
For every mistake I've made.
Four... Five... Six...
Maybe next time I'll be smarter.
Seven.
Just because I can.
.......
Eight.
.......
Nine.
Ten... Eleven... Twelve...
ThirteenFourteenFifteenSixteenSeventeenEighteenNineteenTwentyTwentythreeTwentyEightThirtytwoThirtynineFortyfiveFiftyoneSixtyseven
.
..
....
I have to dig deep within myself to find myself.
To find that little piece of strength that ran away.
I have to call that little soldier,
that David,
to fight the Goliath within my hands.
My arm collapses with exhaustion
as the soft clink of metal lands across the room.

4 comments:

  1. i enjoy how i read this on your phone before you even published it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great Stephanie! This part in particularly loved: "I have to call that little soldier, that David, to fight the Goliath within my hands"...genius

    ReplyDelete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.