Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bigger Isn't Always Better

This will be one out of hopefully a few stories that I will get up here from my 3 day trip to Boston... Out of everything we did, I had a stupendous time, but there were some things that made me realize that the life I'm making for myself is what I really do want.

Harvard.

It's a school that's held in such high regards and is the "top-of-the-line".

HA!

Honestly, I have nothing against those who go there, or those who strive to. In my own, very personal opinion, it's just not for me.

When my friends and I were dropped off there, the first thing we did is walked around campus.

Not "around" campus as in ON the grounds, but "around" as in we legitly walked a sidewalk in a circle like path, following the high fence that surrounds the campus.

In all reality, we were trying to find food.

^.^

But back to the main point of the story.

When we decided to walk onto campus, a few words popped into my head.

"Intimidating"

"Daunting"

"Cold"

...

The buildings were so big, and the fence made it seem so closed off from the world, and it just... I don't know. It's not that it wasn't impressive, because it was, it's just that it seemed like everything was... so out of reach. I'm not going to cut myself down and say that I'm not smart, because I know I do have some brains in this head of mine, but I'm not at the tippy top of my class. And the name of Harvard just seems so, prestigious that it seems only the very best can go there, and I know I'm not the very best.

So anyways, walking around with my two best friends, I realized how different this big name school was from Albright. And it made me happy to know that I had found a place that makes me feel that I'm supposed to be there, that makes me feel wanted and safe. All the feelings I get on Albright's campus... It was the total opposite at Harvard. Look at it like this: feeling in your heart all the compassion in the world, then on the flip side, feeling nothing... a void that's something like a black hole.

But yeah, it's late, I haven't gotten much sleep, and I've been bouncing around with an outburst of ADD induced by little sleep and crazy feelings and blah ever since I got home so it's taken awhile to get it all out, but there you go(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.