Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Even More Potter?!? :D

So this morning, I logged on to Blogger and found that I had a lot of reading ahead of me, which is something that always makes me happy and I look forward to being able to put my 2 cents out into the world. But then I remembered I had to try something, so I did...

Pottermore

It's something that has gone BOOM world wide piratically over night (or so it seems). If you're a fan of Harry Potter, then this is something that you should know about. If you're a die-hard fan of Harry Potter, then this is something that you've known about, probably for awhile now.

It's amazing, and addicting, and fascinating....

AND IT TOOK ME AWAY FROM BLOGGER!

Needless to say, Laura and I had a good laugh over that one(:

But I'm really quite serious, Pottermore is the shit. It's so cool because J.K. Rowling herself helped to develop it and she gives further insight on the characters and the setting and just the books as a whole. Take this for example, which is found in Chapter 4, Hagrid Arrives.
J.K. Rowling's thoughts 
This is a personal expression, which has nothing to do with tales of the dead.
Over the seventeen years that I planned and wrote the seven Harry Potter books (not to mention Quidditch through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The Tales of Beedle the Bard), I generated a mass of information about the magical world that never appeared in the books. I liked knowing these things (which was fortunate, given that I couldn't stop my imagination spewing it all out) and often, when I needed a throwaway detail, I had it ready because of the background I had developed.
I also found myself developing storylines for secondary (or even tertiary) characters that were superfluous to requirements. More of a wrench were the plots I worked out for some much more important characters that had to be sacrificed for the bigger story. All of these I inwardly termed 'ghost plots', my private expression for all the untold stories that sometimes seemed quite as real to me as the 'final cut'. I have occasionally been in conversation with a reader and made mention of part of a ghost plot; looks of consternation cross their faces as, for a split second, they ask themselves whether they have accidentally skipped twenty pages somewhere. I apologise to anyone I might have accidentally wrong-footed in this way; the problem is, literally, all in my head.
by J.K. Rowling
I think that it's so cool that J.K Rowling herself is giving the readers more to add on to the wonderful world that is Harry Potter even after the books and movies are over. So go on ahead, feed your curiosity and create an account... and don't forget to add me! PumpkinOak9461 (:

Click here to start an amazing journey deeper into the world of Harry Potter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.