Thursday, June 14, 2012

Adieu (The Last Goodbye)

Alright... I've finally found myself sitting at the computer in time to start to type a story, instead of yet another poem.

If you didn't know, I'm a senior at Dallas High School. After tomorrow, I will never be able to say that (truthfully) again. Instead, I'll be saying,

"Hi! I'm Stephanie, and I'm a GRADUATE of Dallas High School."

It's mind blowing really.

Anyways, the past few weeks have just been absolutely crazy. I can't keep up with writing it all down, so I apologize, but I guess there are just some stories that are classified under "you had to be there". But I do have some things to share.

To my new followers, and to those who have just stumbled upon my little abode here, the story I have to share is a continuation of one that's been going on since February 13th, 2012. This really isn't a ploy into getting you to read more of my ramblings, but if I were to sum up this tale I think it just wouldn't be the same. So here are the links to read about another one of my dearest classmates...

February 13th, 2012 What Do I Title a Story Like This?
February 14th, 2012 Nothing More To Say, but So Much Left Unsaid
February 15th, 2012 Just...
March 14th, 2012     A Sad, Sad Follow-up

I'm hoping that by now you've gained a sense of how chaotic that week was, how emotions were running all over the place and how things had just fallen apart. But now a new challenge has surfaced, as we all knew it was coming. Graduation is tomorrow, and it's just one more thing to get through. As of today I know generally what it will be like, and what is going to be said about Tom, but I'll wait to share that until tomorrow when I can really let you in to what it was like. I'll also have a poem to share, that I've already written but I want to have a picture to post with it so that you can get a better idea of how everything went. I'm really hoping that in the midst of everything I'll get the opportunity to get a good shot.... "In the midst of everything"... *sigh* I'm going to see and hug and say goodbye to so many people tomorrow... It's hard to believe that I won't be seeing a lot of anyone else really after this... But man, we've got memories to last us a life time, and we know that if there's anything going on, we can count on each other.

The amazing thing about the people I go to school with is that we have the ability to pull together when we're having a rough time. Despite many people's less than stellar dispositions, we forget about ourselves and focus on one another. Sure, some guys will still be complete ass holes and some of the girls will still act bitchy but for that brief moment in time when life gets in their face, none of it matters. The Dallas High School Class of 2012 is really just one big family.

As a class, my grade has gone through so much. Between loosing Tom, and having another classmate, Corey, who, for over 5 years now, has been battling a rare childhood cancer that has changed him so much physically but empowered him mentally,  we've seen and dealt with more than most teenagers go through. There's Bethany, the sweetest girl you will ever meet who's wheelchair bound, but her dreams, mind, and ambitions are so strong. There's also Marilyn, who is another example of someone who doesn't let life bring her down (Read here for her inspiring story). I know I could list so many more people here who have faced life with such a "bring it on" kind of attitude, and I wish I had time to. But as our time is dwindling to a close, I must bid thee adieu, because this really almost is the last goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.