Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award



Blogger has gotten me so far in life these days... I know I've said some of this before, but I'll say it again. I have met some wonderful people and have found a place within a beautiful Blogger family. There have been times where all I had was you all, and it has meant so much to know that I could always depend on you if I needed anything. Anyways, it is by one of those dear people that I am writing this. Greg, from Simple, Life, has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. It works a little something like this:

1) Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2) Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3) Choose up to 11 people with blogs who have less than 200 followers, and link them in your post.
4) Go to their page and tell them.

So let's get this shin-dig started with 11 things about myself:

1) I am, by definition, an alien.
2) When I have the house to myself, I face inner turmoil when it comes down to the options of blasting music or taking in the beautiful silence.
3) I drink my apple sauce. There's no point in dirtying a spoon and bowl when all you need is a cup.
4) To dance in the rain is something that has always been an enchanting idea, but I have yet to do so.
5) Sometimes I find sitting on the floor is better than a couch or bed.
6) I am an e-bookaphobe, I'd rather read and own a real book than have the nook or kindle.
7) My thoughts seem deeper and more meaningful when they're contemplated upon a beach in solitude.
8) I don't care how hot it is, I have to sleep with some kind of blanket covering my legs.
9) There is a part of me that enjoys doing research and going on a wild goose chase for information, because there is nothing better than finding what I was looking for and feeling like I'm rather clever.
10) I would trade in heels for hiking boots, a dress for sweats, and a manicure for dirt under my nails any day of the week.
11) I have had the song "Suitcase" by Circa Survive on repeat via YouTube the whole time I've been working on this... I think I've played it at least 15 times....

Now the questions posed to me by Greg:

1) What's the best book you've ever read?
Tuesdays with Morrie... I will forever be quoting it and my kids will grow up learning life lessons from it.
2) What's the best piece words of wisdom you've ever received?
See above book, but besides that I'd say the advice to "kill them with kindness". If anyone's giving you a hard time, and you don't know if you should live by the golden rule or sass them right back, take the higher road and they'll wonder what the hell you're up to.
3) Is there anything you ever regret, and if so what is it?
Never taking chances on relationships that could have worked out so well. But when I think about it, everything has happened for a reason... and to be totally honet, I'm loving where I'm at in life right now.
4) If you could live anywhere regardless of expense... where would it be?
I would live in England, anywhere would be good enough for me, but personally I'd love a castle^.^ (Small, I don't want to clean rooms that I barely live in).
5) What is your dream job?
Own a small bed and breakfast, a cottage if you will, out in the woods near some quaint little town.
6) What's the most touching thing someone has ever done for you?
After hearing my life story, called me "strong" when that was the last word I would ever use to describe myself.
7) New York or California?
New York.
8) What do you think life after death will be like?
I think life after death will be an experience. Not quite sure if it'll be rainbows and butterflies all the time, but I'm sure it'll be good.
9) Have you ever had any pets, and what is/was it like?
I have 3 dogs currently, I had 1 when I was little but she passed away a while ago, but I've also had fish and birds. What is it like to have 3 dogs? Well... It is a zoo but it's nice to have them to cuddle up with. It can be tiring, taking care of them and cleaning up their mess when they get sick... But it's like a marriage, I love them in sickness and in health, 'til death do us part.
10) If you just got in your car and started driving.. where would you end up?
Somewhere that's not here...
11) What is your favourite thing to eat?
My Aunt's Pasta Salad, paired with Wheat Thins.

So who do I pass this award on to? I look up and follow a lot of you, but there are a few that have always stood out to me. Of course, I would pass it back to Greg, but the others that are to get this are:

Anne Louise, from Anne Louise
Brian, from Brians Ramblings from the Edge
Jack, from Type of Jack
Keith, from Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer
Laura, from Grammatically Incorrect English Major
Race Davis, from The Brigham Yog
Sanny, from Unravelling the Mysteries of Life

And now my dear friends, the questions I ask of you:

1) Skittles or Starbursts?
2) If you could go anywhere in the world and take one person, where would you go and who would you take?
3) More so than just morning or night, it is at what time that you look at the clock and see your favourite time of day?
4) If you could be a bird or a fish, which would you choose? Why?
5) How do you eat your Oreos?
6) Why did you start a Blog?
7) How do you want to be remembered after you die?
8) Favourite Disney movie?
9) What is that one song you could listen to over and over again?
10) When have you been at your happiest?
11) Are you going to pass on this award, or have you given up with all the work it entails?

If you want to find out more about this award, I found this blog post: Liebster Blog Award Origins. I hope to read all of your answers, and that you will continue the sense of tradition that has been started. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination - was a great birthday present. Here you can read my answers: http://sannyspear.blogspot.de/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    Wish you a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me I'll make to keep on the tradition thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.