Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Break

Part of the wonderful thing about college is that sometimes we get random breaks. I had a 4 day weekend, one in which I accomplished more things and had more fun that I have ever had within a 96 hour period so far.
My mum picked me up Friday night, and when I got home I crashed. It was loverly to be home in my own bed for the first time in a long while. I woke up at some point to my little brother climbing into my bed with his little pillow and all his stuffed animals. It was still dark out, so I was quickly back asleep. When we woke up again, it was off to the River for the Chalk Festival! 


My darling, Harry.






The steps to walk under the Market St. Bridge, Wilkes-Barre.

A wide shot of where the Chalk Festival is.

Look at all the people and the drawings!
(Also seen as NEPA Blog's Header of the Week, 10/17)

Getting ready to start drawing.


Death by too many bones in the milk!


My square... I didn't know where to start until I wrote a Haiku. When I was done, I sat on the wall behind it and the cool thing was was that when people walked by, I could see how their eyes would stay glued to the square while they kept walking... but someone actually stopped and took a picture of it too! 

My sister, Katelyn's square. Meet Connie the Cow (she spent a lot of time working on her!) and Alfred the Alpaca. 

My brother, Harry's square. (He wanted a cow just like Katelyn's.)
 After the chalk festival, I headed home and bummed around the house for a little while before we headed out to a family party. (They had some reallyyyy good pumpkin spice muffin things!) I ended the night by getting home around 11 and being fast asleep by 11:30... and sleeping in to about 10:30 the next morning. From there I proceeded to dust the house (yes I was volunteering myself to do chores!) before I left to get something that I've been wanting for several years now.
Hope is something that I hold on to even when it seems like everything is going wrong. A while back I came up with this philosophy:
Although it may seem like there's no hope in sight, don't let go. Don't loose sight of who you are and what you aspire to be. Because there is always hope. Hope is there, under your skin, pulsing throughout your body. For as long as there is a heart to keep you living, there is hope that tomorrow may bring a better day. There is hope that the hands that are only your own may make your troubles go away. You have the power to make your life the best it is. Even if you can't change the circumstances, the state of mind you perceive them in makes all the difference. Sometimes the reminder is all in the wrist...
And so it is. (To any wristaphobes, don't look!)

As soon as it was done... The pain wasn't terrible, but I had originally picked a lighter brown and when my stepsister's fiancée did the 'h' he said that is was too light. So we lightened up a dark brown and he had to go over the 'h' again, that being the most painful part.

This is what it looks like now, 3 days later. I absolutely love it.
 After I got it done, I went out with a friend to 2 haunted houses... he had also ran out of gas in his truck so that was a fun time. (Really, it was!) I was home by 11 and then the next day I went to breakfast with another friend, and he took me riding on his quad. (He's kinda a pro....) I got home a wee bit muddy, so I rinsed off my loverly purple pants and threw in the dryer! They were done in plenty of time before I left the house once again... this time to go on an adventure to get some pictures. I present to you, The Tubs.





Why I took this one at this angle... I don't know....
But here it is so you don't have to contort your neck to see it!



My friend Patrick, from Adventure Travel Buzz

A lonely shoe. Just kinda left there. In the middle of the road. The night that I took the picture I kinda had a thought. What if the shoe means that I'm headed in the right direction? That I'm finally moving forward in life? Perhaps I'm just a few steps away from something amazing.... And then I wrote a tanka about it. 
My night concluded with dinner at home with the family, and just relaxing. Tuesday I slept in, got myself packed up, and then visited the good ole high school. It was wonderful seeing some of my old teachers and friends again, and the yearbook turned out fabulously! From there it was off to the movies with Mumsie to see Looper (AMAZING MOVIE) and then a stop to the grandparents house. I made it back home to Albright by 9:15ish and that was all she wrote for fall break.

Stay tuned for details on Homecoming Festivities! 

2 comments:

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.