Thursday, December 20, 2012

Life Right Now

$147 for the Passport.
Bank account will have less than $50 left.
$818 for Next Semester
$?? for Next Semester's Books
$147 for the Passport.
American Equivalent of Birth Certificate also needed.
Where is said document?
I haven't a clue.
I've been up for 6 hours looking for it.
I am exhausted.
I am stressed.
I am frustrated.
I return to a house in need of a good dusting and vacuuming.
The kitchen needs some TLC too.
I need to pack up my room.
Gain some peace of mind.
I need sleep.
But I return to a house that's still a mess.
Everything's just moved around and found new homes.
My needed document?
Lord only knows.
"Look in the mail pile, left side of the desk."
I've looked 3 times.
"That's the only place it can be."
Well I've looked in all the places I've thought of.
In the car.
In drawers.
In my room.
I'm exhausted.
I could have missed the big orange/yellow envelope every single time.
But I'm pretty sure it's not there.
"Then you must have moved it."
Of course I did.
I must have put it somewhere else two months ago.
It's not like it could have been lost in the shuffle of finding the piles of mail new homes on other surfaces.
I know it's on me to find it.
I'm the one who is trying to get her passport in...
6 hours.
But is it asking the world to get a little help?
I can't keep looking over the same piles.
It's like rereading a paper and missing the same misspellings.
Honestly...
If I were to find it now...
I'd chuckle.
Smile.
Thank some sort of higher being.
And go to bed.
But life doesn't work that way.
It's 5 days until Christmas.
It doesn't feel like Christmas.
Life's flat-lined.
Not saying that everything's going wrong, because things could always be worse.
I'm just saying that nothing is quite going right.
Now that my venting is done.
I have to go back to thinking about where the damn envelope is.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...where did you see it last? (Sorry I couldn't resist the cliche).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it had been left on the kitchen table back in October when I used it for something. I swear I've been all over three times and yet I just... I can't find it.

      Delete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.