Monday, January 21, 2013

Visit


*Knock knock knock*

My heart dropped into my chest.

“Come on Miss, I know you’re in there.”

I wanted to run and hide, but I couldn’t. As a little hand grasped onto my finger, I took a deep breath and opened up the door. This was the visit that would take me away to freedom. Away from Him and the only life I had grown to know. I was terrified, but for the little voice that asked, “Mommy, why are you crying?” I knew I had to go with them, get my little one to a better life.

2 comments:

  1. I like this because it makes me pause and think for a moment, and then when understanding comes, it makes me think even more, in fascination and awe at how well you can write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's surprising what can come out of one word and a minute.

      Delete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.