Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Year Later

I know it's been awhile since I've written an entry about me and what I've been up to, but today is one of those days where there are words that need to be said. A lot of what is going through my head I've already penned down before but it's never too late to repeat the same thing when it comes to life and the people in it.

A year ago I woke up to a stressful Monday, full of missing the bus and fighting with my mother. Now I'm away at college, got to sleep in, and I called my mother at work just to say hi. It's crazy how life changes. But Tom is still gone. A year later, and I still think of him whenever I wear my necklace, and his bracelet sits upon my desk when I'm not wearing it. I sleep in the troop shirt and I wonder what life would be like if he was still here.

But then I think about how life has changed with out him. How I've grown as a person and how he still makes a difference in what I do. I've learned to take chances, to not let life's sweetest moments pass by unnoticed. I've cared for others more than I ever thought I could and I let my friends and family know that I love them. Life is too short to let it go by without compassion.

Tom, I hope you're doing well, and if you can see if you can find my baby girl up there. She loves the woods and to run, so maybe you could take her hiking with you at some point? Her name is Izzy, if you call her and offer her a treat she'll love you forever. I don't know how to end this... but stay good, okay? Keep watch over your mum and Andrew and everyone else, I know we all look up to you. ♥

1 comment:

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.