Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Thank You Shout Out for the Fame and Support

Yesterday was a wonderful day. Not only was the sun was shining and I got to sit out by the pond to enjoy the fresh air all afternoon, I also got to enjoy a minute and 23 seconds of fame.

One of the blogs that I link to, NEPA Blogs, does a segment on WBRE's PA Live called Blog of the Week. It was from out of the blue that I was notified by Harold Jenkins, one of the main contributors of NEPA Blogs, that An Organized Mess was selected as the blog of the week! I got a post dedicated to me on NEPA Blogs (read here) and a segment on the news which also made it to the PA Live web page (see here).

It's a struggle, being a writer. There's not a whole lot of money to be made in the business unless people know about you and with being a full time college student who is involved all over campus, it's even harder because there's barely any time to sit down and spend some one-on-one time with the good ole pen and paper. It's like another job, managing a blog. With OneWord I at least get some kind of short story / creative thing to post, but I'm going to make a conscious effort to write a haiku or tanka or some post a day. My life here at Albright is one heck of a thing, it's rare to never have a story to tell at the end of the day. The trick is finding what stories are worth noting and which are best left to fall to memories.

Regardless, I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me, from my family and friends to the blogs that I became part of. Besides NEPA Blogs, I want to send a special thank you to Keith Wynn of Musings of an Unapologetic Dreamer and Greg Gobat of Simply, Life for being there the past year. I cherish their feedback and hold them in very high regard.

And of course, thank you to all who come across my writings from all walks of life. Every time I see the view count on each post go up, it makes me smile and I hope that my thoughts and words are helping those that read them.

If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, hopes, dreams, complaints, frustrations... anything at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.♥

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your blog over the past year Steph. Keep up the amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.