Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston, You're My Home

Friend St.
Boston, MA
Because everyone needs a friend, especially in times like these.
I'm sitting here at my computer with a long list of things to get done, and I had a passion or desire to accomplish it all earlier today. But the news of Boston has made it hard to focus on much of anything.

Home is where the heart is, and for a long while part of my heart has been lost in the streets of Boston. I grew up not too far north and was raised singing Tessie and Dirty Water. There's something different about New England air... It's hard to explain, what such a place means to me. I guess the best way to put it into words is to ask you to think about your favourite place. The favourite vacation spot or where you feel most at peace. That's basically my Boston.

To hear about such a tragedy today breaks my heart. It reminds me of all the friends I have up there and the family that I don't see very often. I can only hope that everyone can come together and help such a wonderful place get back on it's feet.

I wish I knew why people do the things that they do, but I've grown to learn that such musings can take one to the brink of madness and that in the end, there will truly never be an answer. The only way to get through it is to accept life for what it is and let the past be the past. But please, don't forget it. Learn from it. Use it as an opportunity to start a discussion, to reach out, to live and love.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully expressed Stephanie. We are all Bostonians today aren't we?

    ReplyDelete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.