Wednesday, May 08, 2013

A Letter to Me

I wish I could go back,
find that girl that I was yesterday.
I'd tell her that today would be rough
but don't give up hope.
Tomorrow is a chance for a better things to come.

I wish I could go back,
find the girl that I was a week ago.
I'd tell her to enjoy the time that she has with those around her
and remember every laugh.
You can never promise that time will come again.

I wish I could go back,
find that girl that I was a month ago.
I'd tell her that everything's going to change
but it all is going to work out in the end.
Everything happens for a reason.

I wish I could go back,
find that girl I was a year ago.
I'd tell her that life's full of the same old shit
but the chances you're going to have is beyond anything you could imagine.
Grab a hold of every opportunity.

I wish I could stay here
find that girl I am today.
I'd tell her to stop waiting on the world
and letting people put her down.
Her life is in her hands.

1 comment:

  1. Couple of things -- a good friend told me recently:
    "If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. But if you are at peace, you are living in the present."

    Love the picture. Remember that oyu can do anything and be anyone .. just put your mind to it.

    ReplyDelete

Any note you wish to leave behind, I wish to read.